I have another project to show, and of course, I'm sharing the file too!
I ran across this project, and used my Silhouette to make a similar one for myself!
The how-to's are in the file, which I have for you to download free!
But before you go to the download, I decided to take it a step further...
I love decorating a bit for each holiday, but honestly, in the middle of tax season, I'm just too busy to spend very much time at it...so flip the banner over for the surprise!
I thought that a banner I could use for both Valentine's Day and St. Patrick's Day would be great, so I made it reversible!
The assembly is pretty simple, and adaptable to your skill level. I've included how I made mine in the download, so I won't bore you with the details here.
Surprise Burlap Banner
Free File Etiquette: You may use this file to make physical projects to keep, give away, or sell. Please do not share the file itself, direct others to this page to download for themselves. Thank you!
I will however, share a quick tip for cutting burlap - you might already know it, but if you don't it will save you much frustration while cutting!
The problem that I have with cutting burlap is getting a strait line...even if I flatten the fabric and cut carefully, it is so slippery, that I end up with jagged edges, no fun!
So, here's the tip: decide where you want to cut, then pull out one thread of burlap all the way from side to side.
Now you have a 'space' that you can follow with your scissors, to cut a strait line in the burlap!
I hope you enjoyed my project, and encourage you to go create!
I'm joining forces with some online friends today, as a part of the Silhouette Challenge group.
Today's challenge is all about fabric - so if you like fabric, and love inspiration, come join the party!
- No-Sew Valentine's Day Pillows by A Tossed Salad Life
- No-Sew Interchangeable Fabric Bunting by unOriginal Mom
- Monogrammed Burlap Garden Flag by The Turquoise Home
- Crawl, Walk, Bike by It's Always Craft Time
- Freezer Paper Stenciled Tote Bags by Weekend Craft
- DIY Bleach Spray Shirt by Practically Functional
- Stenciling Sherlock by Please Excuse My Craftermath...
- Felt Star Wands by Cutesy Crafts
- Yoda Kid's T-Shirt by Architecture of a Mom
- Mark Your Territory- Dog Flags by Black and White Obsession
- Nautical Pillows by Lil' Mrs. Tori
- Big Sister Gift & Silhouette Cut File by Creative Ramblings
- Nerdy Baby Onesies + Free Cut File by Essentially Eclectic
- Easy Easter Bunny Onesie - Silhouette Cameo Craft by Adventures in All Things Food & Family
- Fabric Envelopes for LEARNING LETTERS! (& cut file) by From Wine to Whine
- "Good Morning, Sunshine!" Memo Board by Tried & True
- Hearts-A-Lot Burlap Pillow Cover by My Paper Craze
- Baby Quilt by Dragonfly & Lily Pads
- Surprise Holiday Banner by Whats Next Ma
- "Team Betty" Tote Bag by The Thinking Closet
- DIY Sock Minion by Create it. Go!
- Pretty Up Some Organza Bags by Getsilvered
- Easy Heart Appliqued Onsies by Create & Babble
- Bleach Pen Gel & Freezer Paper Stencils Made with the Silhouette Machine by Bringing Creativity 2 Life
- Valentines Baby Onesie & Boy's Shirt + Free Cut Files by The Frill of Life
- Valentine's OWL Always Love You T-shirt by My Favorite Finds
- DIY Screen Printed Curtains by Chicken Scratch NY
- Fabric Painted Quilted Wall Hanging by Terri Johnson Creates
- Glitter Iron-On Top by Simply Kelly Designs
- DIY Monogrammed T-shirts with Silhouette Heat Transfer Material by Pitter and Glink
- Birthday Challenge by Fadville
- Machine Applique with SIlhouette Cameo by The Sensory Emporium
- Fabric Applique Valentine's Day T-Shirt by DailyDwelling
- "Cute as Cupid" shirt by crafts, cakes, and cats
- Sew Cute Applique by Life After Laundry
- Rhino Onesie by It Happens in a Blink
- Upcycled Birchbox Cameo Accesory Organizer by Cupcakes&Crowbars
- Customizing textiles with Heat Transfer Vinyl (working title) by feto soap
- Easy Fabric Art by McCall Manor
- Lady Bug Tote Bag with Silhouette Rhinestones by Ginger Snap Crafts
- Mommy and Em's Coordinated Aprons by TitiCrafty
- Canvas sketch project and a share by Clever Someday
- Foxy Lady Pajamas by Mabey She Made It
- Teddy Bear by Work in Progress