Friday, October 4, 2013

Friends with Flair ~ Card Sets for Auction

Happy Friday!!! Its time for tons of inspiration from my Friends with Flair 'buddies'! I love seeing the creative ways that each of you use the Unity stamps...thank you so much for sharing!

The women's group at my church holds an annual Service Auction, where the ladies offer to share their personal talents with others, the services offered range from two hours of weeding or babysitting, to homemade cinnamon rolls (yum!) and various handmade crafts. Since I'm a cardmaker, I made up two sets of cards to donate to the auction. 

I had such fun putting together these two sets, and let me tell you, it was fairly difficult to narrow down my choices!

Here is an example from the first set...strait up a CASE of this card set. Well, ok...I changed it up a bit...but not much. I loved choosing the paper for this set, so fun to combine the patterns!



I used a sentiment that I thought could be used for many different situations and celebrations...congratulations, thinking of you, birthday, whatever the auction recipient wants, hopefully!



The base cardstock is not exactly premium weight, so I like to line the inside of the card to give it that special something extra.



I even decorated the bag that I put them in...because I had some extra butterflies floating around!



Supplies:

  • cardstock: cream(wausau), brown(stash)
  • patterned paper: Prima()
  • ink: Ranger Distress Ink(Walnut Stain)
  • stamp: Unity()
  • punches: Martha Stewart(butterfly), ???(circle)
  • die cut: Birds Cards(label)
  • bag: Hobby Lobby
  • ribbon: Hug Snug seam binding(cream)

The second set ended up a bit more colorful...I like this patterned paper! 



I started with this sketch, varied it just a bit...and went to town mixing the patterned papers.



I guess I didn't get a picture of the inside, but I lined the card again, with a layer of cream, and added an inked strip of the patterned paper near the top, as in the other set.

I went ahead and used specific sentiments for this set, just to differentiate from the first set. It doesn't show in the pictures, but I embossed the sentiments with a sparkly embossing powder, just to add a little something extra.




And of course, since the first bag was decorated, I couldn't leave this one plain!



Supplies:

  • cardstock: kraft(unknown), cream(wausau)
  • patterned paper: Basic Grey(Life of the Party)
  • stamps: Unity(Circle Sentiments)
  • ribbon: Celebrate it
  • bag: Hobby Lobby
  • punches: EK Success
  • ink: Ranger Distress Ink(Walnut Stain)
  • embossing powder: StampCraft(crystal sparkle)
  • bowmaker: 3GirlJam
Thanks so much for stopping by! I love reading your comments!

Meredith

16 comments:

  1. Wonderful card sets! I love them all. I sure whoever won them in the auction was thrilled as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fun card sets, Meredith. I like the colorful variety.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great fun sets. They will be appreciated no matter who gets them. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  4. very pretty card sets, and love the little gift bags you decorated to match. these are lovely!
    -Rachel w k
    rwkrafts.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the card set idea - great way to showcase the versatility of the stamps.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great contribution to your women's group. Someone will love these!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Terrific card sets. They look awesome. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. WOW. that is an amazing set of cards!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful card sets! Love the sentiment on the first! I'm sure whoever wins the auction will be thrilled, I know I would! TFS

    ReplyDelete
  10. The winner will just love your creativity! I really like the colorful cards!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow, these are terrific! A lot of work put in for the lucky winner.

    ReplyDelete
  12. So lovely! I love bold colors as well. I know the winner of these sets will absolutely love them. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful cards! Love all the patterned papers you made and such lovely bags to contain them in!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment! I appreciate each and every one. Have a lovely day, and thank you for stopping by!