Monday, October 29, 2012

Snowflake Wreath

There is a lovely challenge this week over at the Cardmaker Cardswap Challenge board, to make a card with a wreath on it.

Inspired by this card, found on Susan's Pinterest board, I came up with this...



It was so easy and fun to make!

Just punch out a bunch of snowflakes (I used 4 different papers for 20 total) and adhere them to a base. I pop-dotted the base onto the card base for a little extra dimension.

I probably should have taken a picture, but I made my wreath base by punching a 1 3/8" circle from paper, then lining that negative up inside a 2" circle punch. Once the second larger circle is punched you have a 'wreath form' to adhere your snowflakes to!

Simon Says Stamp is hosting a challenge to 'Just add pearl'...my card qualifies three ways! I used pearlized cardstock, I sprayed the snowflake wreath with 'frost' shimmer spray, and there are five tiny blue pearls on the top layer of snowflakes!


There is also a challenge over at Whoopsi Daisy Designs to 'punch it out', I'm pretty sure that 22 punches on the card qualifies! ;-)

Supplies:

  • cardstock: Wausau
  • patterned papers: DCWV
  • punches: Paper Shapers (1 3/8 circle), Marvy (2" circle), EK Success (snowflake)
  • stamp: Inkadinado
  • ink: Colorbox



Thanks for stopping by!

Meredith

4 comments:

  1. This is gorgeous, what an effective use of snowflakes.
    Thank you for joining us at Whoopsi Daisy this week.
    Pauline
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is so beautiful, the snowflakes look so delicate and the colours work so well
    Thanks for joining in the Whoopsi Daisy Challenge
    Janet

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful Card! Thanks for joining us this week at Simon Says Stamp and Show! - Ashli :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely card, thanks for joining us at WD xx Jan

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment! I appreciate each and every one. Have a lovely day, and thank you for stopping by!