Friday, January 28, 2011

Spring Fever

So, over at Cardswaps there was a swap to make Spring cards...and it took me forever to put together a design this time! But I found some adorable paper and cardstock at JoAnn's last week, so I finally got these done!

The patterned paper that I found also happens to fit the newest challenge over at Do You Stack Up? Patterns...

I thought that the butterflies with their different patterns were a good take on this challenge...but I have an idea for another card to fit it too...we'll see if I have time to put the other idea into practice later!

You have until Wednesday, so why not join in on the fun?

Photobucket

Supplies: butterfly paper: Me & My Big Ideas; green polka dot: DCWV, cardstock: white: stash; purple: Coredinations, stamp: StudioG, butterfly punch: Fiskars, gems: i-rock by Imaginesce, ink: TPC studios

I make thank you cards for the swap, but when I made the one extra for myself, I already have plenty of thank you cards in my stash box, so I switched out a few things and made a birthday card, since I need plenty of those still!

Photobucket

Here is a closer look at the details...I am really enjoying the Fiskars punches...they cut the paper nicely, the squeezable handles are very comfortable, and the seasonal designs are so cute!

Photobucket

And I even got to play with a new tool that I purchased last month (Happy Birthday to me!), the i-rock, a tool that applies heat-set crystals. It was awesome!

Photobucket

And last, but not least...do you decorate your envelopes too? I don't normally send envelopes with a swap, but for this one the hostess requested that we do...so I couldn't just send plain ones, could I?

I do like to stamp the envelopes just a bit...enough to add a little fun, but not enough to make them hard to mail...this little butterfly stamp seemed just the right touch for this set.

Photobucket

Enjoy,

Meredith

6 comments:

  1. Very cute card, love the butterflies. Thanks for joining us at Do You Stack Up.

    -Wenche

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love these spring cards Meredith! I like the clean design and bright colors. Thanks so much for playing along with us at DYSU. Please join us again next week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. lovely card, nice and fresh colours make me long for spring and summer
    thanks for joining the DYSU challenge this week'

    hugs
    Miranda

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's a lovely and simple idea - very striking

    kitten DYSU team

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very cute, love the matching envelope! Thanks for joining in the fun with us at DYSU. Hope to see you back next time!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So colourful and sweet! Thanks so much for joining us (again) at DYSU!Janna

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment! I appreciate each and every one. Have a lovely day, and thank you for stopping by!